ABOUT PEEL TREATMENTS
Why Consider A Skin Rejuvenation Peel Treatment?
A Glycolic Acid rejuvenation peel treatment is a specific technique for skin renewal. It is used to help remove the damaged layer of surface skin cells revealing fresh skin, stimulating cell turnover and encouraging anti-aging effects in the skin layers. It is performed in clinic under the supervision of a skincare professional.
A series of Glycolic Acid peels can help the skin appear healthier, smoother, plumper, firmer, less oily and more even toned with fewer acne blemishes.
Benefits of A Skin Rejuvenation Peel
It is important to have realistic expectations in regard to what a Glycolic Acid Peel or series of peels can accomplish and to discuss your requirements with your skincare professional. The following are the types of improvements that can be expected:
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Evening of skin tone and lightened discolorations.
- Diminished appearance of pore size.
- Improved skin tone and texture.
- Reduced appearance of blemishes in acne prone skin.
- Visual softening of shallow acne scars.
- Increased skin glow or radiance.
|Before Peel Treatment
||After 4 Peels
Results achieved with NeoStrata ProSystem Glycolic Acid Peels. Photographs are unretouched and were taken using standardised photographic
conditions including lighting and subject positioning. Copyright NeoStrata Company Inc.
NeoStrata ProSystem Peels are doctor grade peels, specifically designed to target aging skin issues, pigmentation, acne and dry skin conditions. They are highly effective, with a limited downtime, however you should be comfortable with the type of peel treatment you have been recommended.
How many peel treatments will I need?
- Textural smoothing and improvements with acne prone skin can occur between 1 to 4 peels.
- Deeper textural changes require multiple peels. Noticeable improvements usually occur between 4 to 6 peels and your specialist may recommend a series of 6 peels, depending on your skin concerns. Peel treatments should be administered once every 4 to 6 weeks.
- The most severe skin issues can take longer to improve. Results are best achieved in a series of peels and may be combined with other treatments to yield the best possible results for your skin.
Do I need to stop taking oral retinoids if I have a peel procedure?
- Use of retinoids and other exfoliants can increase skin sensitivity and reactivity.
- Under the direction of your dermatologist or doctor, you should discontinue use for 6 months prior to the procedure. You skincare professional may also recommend discontinuing topical retinoids and exfoliants for 1 to 2 weeks before your peel treatment.
How will I look and feel after my peel?
Glycolic acid peels are short, simple procedures with generally little or no downitme. However initially your skin may be red and feel sensitive. Some patients experience stinging, burning, itching, mild pain or discomfort, tightness, puffiness, crusting and peeling of the superficial layer of skin. These are all normal and expected results. It is important to remember that unlike other peels, you do not have to see visible flaking or peeling of the skin to achieve desired results. You may notice that your skin feels rough over the next couple of days due to enhanced exfoliation/light peeling. Note: skin will be especially sensitive to sunlight and other sources of UV light (tanning beds, etc.) avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen.
HOW PEELS WORK
How Glycolic Acid Peels Work
Many common skin problems are associated with the excess build-up of dead skin cells that make the skin thick and dull, and may cause clogged pores.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) & Glycolic Acid Peels help loosen and remove the dead surface layers of skin to exfoliate and smooth skin, as well as provide skin renewal and anti-aging benefits.
|Dead skin cells accumulating on
the surface of the skin.
|AHA’s/Glycolic Acids help to loosen
and remove the dead skin cells leaving
a soft, smooth, youthful looking surface.
A concentrated AHA Peel solution is safely applied to the skin for a short period of time and then neutralised to end the treatment. First time users will use a lower concentration that can be increased over a series of peels as appropriate. This allows your skincare professional to design a treatment program to specifically meet your individual needs.
AHA peels have the advantage of being non-toxic and are used for superficial peeling of the skin because they require little recovery time and are often referred to as “lunchtime peels”.
A series of NeoStrata® ProSystem peels can help the skin appear smoother and firmer with less wrinkles. It can also help reduce excess oil, even pigmentation and skin tone and reduce the appearance of acne blemishes.
NeoStrata Pro Systems Peels – Rejuvenate Your Skin’s Appearance
NeoStrata® ProSystem is a highly effective, superficial peeling system used by medical skincare professionals that is clinically proven to achieve outstanding and predictable results in skincare.
A Flexible, Personalised Treatment System For You
The NeoStrata ProSystem of peels offers the flexibility of a suite of peels for different skin concerns:
- Four Rejuvenating Glycolic Acid Peels – 20%, 35%, 50%, 70% Glycolic Acid concentrations.
- Two targeted benefit peels:
- Clarifying Peel – for oily, acne prone skin
- Brightening Peel – to help control the signs of pigmentation and sun damage.
NeoStrata® ProSystem utilises three alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), that are naturally occurring “fruit acids” found in fruits and other foods:
- Glycolic Acid is found naturally in sugar cane
- Citric Acid is found naturally in citrus fruits
- Mandelic acid found naturally in almonds
NeoStrata Peels are also neutralised at the end of the treatment to ensure your skincare professional has the maximum control over the your peel procedure. This allows your skincare professional to design a treatment program to specifically meet your individual needs and manage your skin concerns effectively. The NeoStrata Peels ProSystem is a high strength, doctor grade skin treatment that is only available in Dermatologist and Cosmetic Doctor clinics.
NeoStrata® ProSystem superficial peels, often referred to as “lunchtime peels”, are brief in-office procedures that are performed under the supervision of a dermatologist or cosmetic doctor. Often there is no noticeable healing or recovery time and skin looks and feels normal within a few hours to a day. For some patients, the healing/recovery can take a few days and up to a week or longer. You should consult your doctor regarding the expected recovery time.